And welcome to the We May Be Little launch party! Starting as we mean to go on, we’re kicking off our first proper blog post – and the launch of our shop – with a cocktail recipe. Four cocktail recipes, in fact, all featuring our beloved Aperol.
We love Aperol. It’s the Indian-summery drink du jour. Not just a style-bar secret anymore, now its gorgeous orangey goodness casts its glow everywhere. From rooftop restaurants to wedding receptions. Everyone loves it. Prosecco who? Rose pah-ha-ha…
COCKTAIL RECIPES (Clockwise from top left)
Classic Aperol Fizz
The regular Aperol Spritz is 3 parts fizz to 2 parts Aperol to 1 splash of soda water, served with ice ‘n’ a slice. Our take on this is a little more decadent.
- Get yourself a swanky champers glass
- Pour in a good glug of Aperol
- Add Prosecco – or champers if you’re feeling posh
- Drop in half a strawberry
Hello, Cinzano! Our nans loved you and we know why. Let’s bring you back.
- Fill half a highball glass with ice
- Pour Cinzano up to the 1/3 line
- Add Aperol to the 2/3 line
- Top with soda water and serve with fresh lime slice
The Aperol Julep
A take on the classic Mint Julep that you can serve with or without the standard bourbon.
- For four servings, bring half a cup of sugar, one cup of water and 1/4 cup of torn mint leaves to a moderate boil
- Reduce the liquid by a third
- Strain your minty sugar syrup through a sieve and leave to cool or stick in fridge
- Fill a tumbler with ice
- Add several oz of Aperol. And bourbon if you’re feeling cheeky
- Top with 1/4 of a glass of syrup
- Garnish with mint and a straw
This is for those after-dinner moments when you want to sit back and sip on something that will get you warm and drunk.
- Add a shot or two of vodka to a small tumbler
- Top up with a v generous splosh of Aperol
- Garnish with an orange slice (and enjoy one of your five a day)
To make cocktail drinking chez vous even more spesh, why not serve with an array of tasty nibbles and string up some fairy lights? We served our drinks on our ‘Aperol’ coasters* too. We hope we’ve inspired you to get a little creative/tiddly with your cocktails this weekend! What are your favourite tipples?
* `WMBL’s ‘Aperol’ coasters are now available in our shop if you like the look of them.