Here’s the thing. Drinks soirees, cocktail parties, “bevvies round ours” are all greatly improved with the presence of a cheese board.
We’re not talking crusty old slabs of cheddar, triangles of something blue and a bunch of wilted grapes-cheese boards. Though still we wouldn’t turn up our noses.
These days, the hot new trend in cheese boards (yes, according to the blogosphere, that is a thing) is informal and piled-up, look-at-me-and-dive-right-in. Styled to look bright, colourful and cool as well as delicious.
Check out our tips for a funky cheese board, below the pics.
1. Get yourself a nice big board – wood, glass, colourful, up to you
2. Position your easy-to-slice cheeses on your board to start off with. Camembert and Stilton in our case
3. Chop up your tricky-to-slice cheese into easy-to-pop-in-your-gob cubes and position on board. Good old Red Leicester and cranberry cheddar in our case
4. Fill ramekins with dips. Hummous in our case. Place on board
5. Halve cherry tomatoes, slice up fingers of pepper, cucumber and apple and place on board
6. Add piles of cheesy biscuits, crackers, oat cakes, whatever takes your fancy
7. Fill the spaces on your board with tasty little buggers like mini gherkins and stuffed olives
8. Serve with sliced French bread and booze of your choice
9. Tuck in
We did all of the above for our Aperol-infused blog launch party – and the nibbles went down almost as quickly as the cocktails.
A cheeseboard is not just for Christmas, you see. A cheese board is just as much for weekends, week nights and wet Wednesday afternoons in winter.
What would you add to yours? Let us know!