There’s no denying it. Summer is dead.
Fortunately, here follows the cosiest season of all. (Let’s not think about what happens after that.)
And here are just a few of the things that are putting a smile on our faces. Things we’ve fallen for. Fallen for.
1. Pumpkin Spice latte Whether you love Starbucks or want it removed from your neighbourhood, you’ve gotta admit there’s something about their Pumpkin Spice lattes – back in store now! – that make you feel all warm and toasty inside. How can anything bad happen when you’re sipping on this potent mix of sugar and dreams? From all the Starbucks in the world.
2. Kiko Glass Frame We’re loving these vintage-meets-modern glass picture frames with a choice of zinc, copper or brass frames. We’re liking them even more piled on the wall en masse. £19.95 Notonthehighstreet.com
3. Zara Jacquard Scarf Wind? Rain? Pah! None of you are a match for this big, thick rug-like scarf from Zara. Could also double as a blanket on the night bus home. £22.99, Zara.com
4. Atterley Road Kaleidoscope Asymmetric dress All the style mags are full of Atterley Road’s boho 70s-style midi dress. We prefer this non-nostalgic asymmetric number. £65, AtterleyRoad.com
5. Tinsel garland We’re going to be spending a lot of time indoors. Time to get a Confetti System-style glitzy garland above the bed. In autumnal golds and bronzes, naturally. We’ll be making our own soon and giving you a how-to on the blog.
6. Topshop Hijack fringe ankle boot Ticks all the trend boxes for the new seas’. Suede. Tassled. Chunky-heeled. Like. £69, Topshop.com
7. Cosy Camel Because a longline camel coat never goes out of style, like this one modelled by Atlantic Pacific, a fashion blogger we like.
8. Biker Sheepskin biker jacket? See above. (This one is from Fitzroy Boutique)
9. LSA International Tortoise Shell globe vase Leopard print vase? Give it. From £42, Johnlewis.com
10. Blythe. Always We have a dirty secret. It’s a Blythe doll obsession. It’s the Diet Cokes ads that did it. Anyway, here she is styled up for autumn, courtesy of OhChiWaWa
11. Low-cut jumpsuit We’ll mock this cut-off culotte jumpsuit in years to come. Right now its awkwardness is where it’s at. And it’s under £30! £29.99, Zara.com
12. A messy Bardot ‘do It’s mingin’ out there. Time to let the summer top knots down and get a bit of warmth around the old lug holes. Photo courtesy of Anthropologie.com
*NB: This trend board is pretty female-centric on the fashion front. We know. For those of a more masculine persuasion, never fear. Your time is coming.